Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A new Guide - and stuff that doesn't work

So, where were we - Ah yes. A new guide! Pretty. And then I start to program my choices. Just last week, I was able to choose say, Top Chef and pick the time I wanted it to record so it did not conflict with anything else. So I try that. I am now limited to all or nothing. So I try again, just to pick the one at 10pm. That works! Eureka! Then I try to sneak up in there and pick all of them and go back and cancel the conflicts. Oh, no no no! All or nothing, sister. It is conflicting with Law & Order, SVU. And Eli Stone (I know - stupid, but there it is). Long story short, I cannot have the ones I want. The only resolution I see is to go through week by week and pick out individual programs to record. Can't search and record just the ones I want anymore, either. NOnonono. NO! 'Cause it will only show me the one that's showing right the hell now! Wow! Now I am shaking with anger and frustration. Evil words pass my mouth. I am name calling. Nazi bastards! Once I could choose what and when I wanted to record. I calm myself and call my friends. I get a VERY nice lady. She does not understand, because hers works easy. Hers is user friendly. Hers is the old version. I hope she is ready, because I am told these crazy things are getting rolled out globally. Soon. I cannot imagine the hell folks are going to go through once these changes are forced down everyones throats. I DO notice a few cool things though - More info, dated. So for instance, Top Chef listings have the year on them. For those of us with memory issues, or new can see if they are getting old stuff or new stuff...cool! But wait! Are those ADVERTISEMENTS at the bottom?!?!? Is my cable company in financial trouble? Selling ads, Suddenlink? How terrifically annoying.
Right now I can tell you this:
Old Box - record - 2 steps
New Box record - 4 steps and it doesn't work easily!
Old Box - Search with abandon, pick and choose happily
New Box - Search all right - search for your sanity
Old Box - Can see at the touch of a button what you have in the hopper, manage it, cancel certain ones. HAPPY
New Box - you can't see crap at a glance and the cancel program does not hold. Keeps bouncing back on the schedule, so don't waste your time. You will jump off something tall.
Old Box - Page from day to day, like a happy little bunny.
New Box - page half hour to half hour, painfully til you lose interest. What am I paying for? Pain? I think there is cheaper pain.
I am all for new technology, as long as we are moving FORWARD people! Taking a super simple process and making it harder seems counter productive. I have multiple friends to whom I had reccomended this service, but I have to say I no longer do. The people on the phone are awesome, but this is the worst programming I have EVER seen. It would really take a very little tweaking to make this the best ever, Suddenlink! Really.
Ok, so anyway - post me up some comments and let me know what you think about this stuff. Also - I defy you to go to the website Suddenlink.com and find a way to post a comment, review, or otherwise send a message for input. Double dog dare you......

No comments: